TERMINATOR™ Wedge Socket
Type S 421 T
Cast steel, magnetic particle inspected. Pin dia. and jaw opening meet dimensions of solid thimble, closed spelter- and swage sockets.
Note: Efficiency of a properly assembled Wedge Socket is 80% of catalogue breaking strength of 6×19/6×37 EIPS class wire rope. Ask for details for correct and safe installation.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “Punch Out” of the wedge.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows the TERMINATOR™ to be used with UNI-LOC® Closed Swaged Sockets and Closed Spelter Sockets.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- Incorporates Crosby’s QUIC-CHECK™ “GO” and “NO-GO” wire rope gauge feature cast into the wedge.
- Standard Crosby “old” type wedge sockets can be retrofitted with the new style TERMINATOR™ wedge.
- For detailed installation instructions consult Unirope or your local Unirope Distributor.