Sling Tagging System
All chain tags for slings 5/8” and up are fitted with an RFID tag which for 1/2” and smaller are optional.
How do I get access to the database?
Access is made available through a website and a series of usernames and passwords. All you need is a computer with internet access. The database is NOT located at Unirope but at a secure, professionally managed information storage facility.
How do I read the FIELDID tag?
With 7/32” to 1/2” slings you enter one of any search criteria like sling ID number, your or our serial number, last inspection ID number, product type, etc. Scanning of a lifting chain equipped with an RFID tag connects you to the same database as with the smaller chain tags. Of course, if you do not have an RFID scanner you can simply manually enter serial numbers, FIELDID numbers, etc.
This system allows us and our customers to:
- Perform inspections and print inspection certificates on demand
- Allows our customers to view and print their inspection certificates through their web browser
- Have documents instantly available such as safety-inspection, and product information
- Record rigging product repair and re-certifications made by Unirope
- Have a record of your entire sling inventory sorted by type, location within your plant, past- and next required safety inspection
- Move- and record sling locations around your plant
- Share inspection- and test certificate records with government auditing bodies
- Make better decisions about your sling’s performance by analyzing maintenance data
- Can be retrofitted to any existing sling or rigging product
The capacities are printed in large legible numbers so users can actually read the tag from about 6 ft away. That in itself is a huge step forward in plant and construction site safety.